Cosmic Love

by on Thursday, July 26, 2012



 These were made under the theme, self-portrait without the physical self / prove your existence. So I decided the only way to do this was to create something abstract. After much thinking I decided to create paintings of space, which was partly influenced by all the electronic/dubstep music I‘ve been listening to. Though these paintings are in a way, spacey and of a real thing, none of these are copies of actual existing gas clouds in space. I only used the rules of cosmic nature to create my own spacey gas cloud formations. What you see is all from my mind. It was all created by little decisions I made during the creation process. Therefore these paintings existence is proof of my own existence.
    An interesting concept came to me as I started making these paintings. The concept is that what you see and think and know are all based on what your senses tell your brain. Therefore everything, in a way, is all in your head. I know I exist, but I don’t know for a fact that anything else does. And this is true for everyone. So in a way, I am the universe and the universe is me.
    Just something to ponder on.
Three paintings for an art exchange with Australia. Acrylic on canvas.

No comments yet.

Write a comment:

Powered by Blogger.

Search Box

Labels